|Image Source - allwomenstalk com|
Freckles are usually described as flat,round,dark colored spots of face,neck,body
caused by hyper pigmentation or excessive exposure to sun.Freckles appear on the
parts of body which are most exposed to sun rays.They are very common during
Freckles are basically of two types-
Ephelides: These are flat red or light brown spots that typically appear during
summer months and fade away by winter.These type of freckles are hereditary.
Lentigines: Lentigines may be small tan,brown or black spot that is darker than
an ephelide. This does not fade in winter.This is also a genetic condition.
Now lets look at the possible cause of freckles-
- Freckles are passed on genetically,so you are likely to get if one or both parents have it.
- Rare disorders such as Xeroderma Pigmentosum cause an increased sensitivity to UV rays leading to freckles.
- Prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause freckles to appear,more so in case of fair skinned people.The melanin content is less in case of fair skinned people; hence exposure to sunlight causes more chances of freckles.
- Hormonal Imbalance could cause freckles too.In this case,the estrogen could over-stimulate pigment producing cells causing them to generate more color when exposed to sunlight.
These natural remedies can help a lot in treating freckles to a great extent.
- Apply sour cream on your face and affected areas.Do not rinse this mask off completely;gently wipe it with a tissue and top it up with a moisturizer.
- Lemon juice is a tried and tested remedy for spots,blemishes,scars and freckles.Apply it with your fingers on the affected area for 10-15 minutes,if you skin is sensitive you can add some rose water to neutral its acidity.Lemon juice bleaches the dark spots.
- Regular use of some fruit and vegetable masks made with apricots,strawberries,cucumbers,tomatoes will help lighten freckles.
- Wash your face regularly with sour milk or butter milk.Lactic acid present in it promotes gentle peeling of skin minus the irritation or dryness.
- Heat some honey slightly and apply it over face and affected area.Wash it off after 15 minutes with warm water then rinse with cold water.Stir in a little quantity of wheat germ powder into the honey before applying.
- Horseradish juice or Horseradish vinegar, or oatmeal dabbed onto the skin is also helpful in lightening freckles.
- Apply parsley juice mixed with equal amounts of lemon juice,orange juice and apply it for 15-20 minutes this would help to lighten them gradually.
- Apply odorless,hexane free- cold pressed castor oil or vitamin oil to the affected area at night before going to bed and leave it overnight,this will help to get rid of spots in few months.
- Dissolve some sugar in lemon juice.Apply this mixture to freckles regularly to lighten them.
- Onions can also be used for removing freckles and age spots.Slice a onion and then grate it and apply it over freckles twice daily until spots fade.
- Take a watermelon,make a hole in its rind and place some rice grains in it.Keep them in for about a week and then make a paste of the rice and apply on face,this is a very unique yet effective remedy to treat age spots and freckles.
You can try any of these remedies as per your convenience and availability of ingredients, each one of them are effective in treating freckles naturally.Let us know if you liked the article then do drop in your comments and responses below!!