Acne is quite a common and chronic skin disorder.It is an inflammatory condition of the
sebaceous glands and hair follicles.Acne is usually found on the skin of face,neck,back,
chest and shoulders.It can be small red lesions on face or big pus filled type cystic
acne which are a result of hormonal imbalance in the body.
Acne can happen at any age but usually takes place between the age group of twelve
and twenty four.Nearly six out of ten young people between the ages 12-24 suffer
from some form and degree of acne.Acne not only affects oily skin people but also
dry skin,not many of us know that oily skin produces more sebum than dry skin but
what makes oily skin secrete more sebum is excess washing of face and on the contrary
dry skin which produces less sebum causes skin to breakout.
Lets take a look at the possible causes of acne breakout on skin.
- Acne can be caused with wrong eating habits and chronic constipation.
- Acne can also be caused due to severe dandruff on scalp.
- Hormonal imbalance and PCOS(poly cystic ovary syndrome) results in acne.
- Excessive body heat due to pitta imbalance causes acne and pimples.
- Improper skin care regime i.e excessive cleansing,less moisturization.
- Not removing makeup from skin clogs the pores and causes acne.
- No exfoliation once or twice a week results in acne,pimples,whiteheads and blackheads.
- Acne is also caused due to a devitalized condition of the skin which is a result of unhygienic living habits,excessive consumption of tea,coffee,alcohol or tobacco and sedentary habits which leads to indigestion and general debility.
We have received a lot of requests from our readers about acne and its natural remedies,so here we are with our post on some natural ways to cure acne and pimples.Hope it proves to be beneficial to people fighting and struggling acne and pimples.
- Make a paste of lemon juice,orange juice or orange peel powder and honey and apply it regularly to reduce acne and pimples,it also helps to lighten scars and blemishes.
- Garlic has been used successfully to cure acne,rub raw garlic two times a day.Garlic is known to cure the toughest of acne problems.
- Red sandalwood powder mixed with rose water for oily skin and raw milk for dry skin helps to cool inflamed skin and treat acne eruptions.
- Fenugreek is another useful remedy for acne.Make a paste of fenugreek leaves and apply over the face every night before going to bed.Wash off with warm water in the morning.This prevents further acne and blackheads.
- Grate some cucumber and tomato and apply it over face for 15 minutes,it is effective in treating acne and also improves complexion.Its regular use prevents acne and blackheads.
- The best and effective remedy for cystic acne is the juice or pulp of ripe papaya,also juice of raw papaya(including the skin and seed) on swelling pimples and acne.
- Honey is great for acne and blemishes,make a paste by mixing honey and cinnamon powder.Apply this paste on acne before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water.Repeat for two weeks.
- Grind some nutmeg in milk and apply it daily on face for a month.It will remove dark shadows and acne.
- To heal acne,rub the inside of ripe banana peel over the acne in the night and wash in the morning.
These natural remedies have proved to be quite helpful with acne but may take some time to show desired results and heal them completely.Few of these remedies have proved to be very helpful to cure my acne as I am prone to acne and pimples.Do let us know about your experience with these acne remedies or other ways to get rid of them.