Amla powder is prepared from Indian gooseberry or amla fruit (Emblica Officinalis)& is a natural source of vitamin C,amino acids and tannin. Amla is traditionally used in all Ayurveda preparations and offers numerous skin and health benefits. Amla fruit when dried in the form of powder is used in various hair oils,beauty and hair care products. Amla powder can be used topically to treat hair problems like hair loss, premature graying, scalp infections, skin infections etc and when consumed orally it can be helpful in curing various diseases.I use amla powder in many ways for cleansing my hair,as a hair mask,also as face pack. Amla powder when used for hair provides added strength to hair roots, encouraged hair growth and controls premature graying. When used as a face mask it provides nourishment to skin thereby removing dullness of skin and treating acne/pimples. Amla can also be used as a natural exfoliant as it has astringent properties which remove the dead cells from skin.
Benefits of Amla Powder on skin
Amla powder works best as a facial treatment.It strengthens and rejuvenates the skin,it also repairs damaged tissues and reduces the appearance of blemishes,wrinkles.It also helps to brighten the complexion and clearing dirt,grime,acne and pimples.It can also be used as a natural cleanser for skin and as an astringent for toning the skin. Amla powder as a topical application is very good for many skin disorders.It also contains high levels of anti oxidants.
How to use Amla Powder on skin
1. For facial treatment combine Amla Powder with warm water, add few drops of olive oil or jojoba oil (oily skin) and make a thick paste.Apply this paste for 10 mins and then wash off with warm water.This pack would act as a cleanser thereby removing dirt/grime from face and also firm and tone your face.
2. Amla powder can be soaked in warm water overnight and this concoction can be used as a facial wash next morning.
3. Amla powder when mixed with multani mitti and rose water is a very good face mask for oily and pimple prone skin.People with dry skin can add few drops of olive oil or sweet almond oil to the pack.
4. Amla powder along with little turmeric powder and lemon juice can be used to treat acne and scars.
Benefits of Amla Powder on hair
Amla powder stimulates hair growth and enhances hair color Regular use of Amla powder provides nourishment to hair.It may also remove mild dandruff from hair and scalp and provides volume to hair strands.When applied as a paste on hair scalp it helps promote lustrous hair.This apart it controls hair loss,stimulates hair shaft and initiate hair growth.It is also helpful in preventing scalp infection and controls premature graying.
How to use Amla powder on hair
1. Amla powder when mixed with warm water and olive oil can be used to cleanse and condition the scalp naturally.
2. Soak Amla powder in some warm water overnight in an iron vessel and filter this solution and it can be used to rinse hair after shampooing to bring gloss and shine to your lovely mane.
3. Amla powder combined with water can be added to shampoo to provide nourishment to damaged hair.
4. Amla powder along with shikakai powder can be used to color hair naturally.
I try and use Amla powder as face pack, hair mask and also as hair cleanser.I am delighted with the benefits it has offered to my hair and skin.I also try and consume it orally with warm water to reap its maximum benefits.
Join us on facebook now Click here to view our facebook page.